Oggi Sony ha comunicato che nel firmware 2.00, nome in codice Masamune, previsto per l'autunno (e quindi in teoria tra poco) sarà aggiunta anche la possibilità di ascoltare musica da chiavette USB, di cambiare il colore della schermata home, e altro.
Ecco l'elenco completo delle feature:
- USB Music Player: PS4 owners can play their own music in the background while playing a game using USB Music Player*. After inserting a USB stick loaded with music into the PS4, a new option for USB Music Player will appear. Supported filename extensions include MP3, MP4, M4A, and 3GP.
- Change colors: In addition to the ability to add a theme, PS4 owners can also change the background of the home screen from light blue to one of seven new colors: gold, blue, red, green, purple, pink, and gray.
- Players You May Know: PS4 will now suggest players you may know as potential friends in the ‘What’s New’ section.
- Enhancements to Live Broadcasting: Masamune brings a variety of improvements to live broadcasting on PS4. In the Live From PlayStation app, PS4 owners can now select a Featured channel, which includes official broadcasts from PlayStation, broadcasts from people on a players friend list, and any game channel that the player has followed. Additionally, Live From PlayStation now has filters for searching broadcasts on a specific game, as well as support for archived broadcasts.
- Content Area and Library: PS4’s Content Area, which shows the latest games and apps a PS4 owner has used, has been redesigned to help make it easier to quickly find and access content. It now shows 15 of a player’s most used apps or games, and additional items will be added to a player’s Library. The Library on PS4 has improved filter and sort functions to help organize contented by type (game / app / TV & video), name (a – z or z – a), recently used, or install date.
- Enhanced Voice Commands: The ability to control PS4 using voice has been improved. Players can now say ‘PlayStation’ to begin commands, and ‘All Commands,’ to see a list of all voice command options available. New voice commands were added for live broadcasting, including “Start broadcast,” “End broadcast,” and “Find face.”
- Add To Library: The monthly free PlayStation Plus games will have an ‘Add to Library’ button in the PlayStation Store. This button will add a game to a PS4 owner’s library without downloading it – saving space on their hard drive.
Queste feature sono in aggiunta a quelle, forse ancor più sostanziose, comunicate qualche tempo fa, ovvero lo Share Play, che permetterà di far partecipare alle proprie partite gente che non ha il gioco a cui si sta giocando, scondividendoglielo online…
The best way to think about Share Play is like a “virtual couch”. PlayStation 4 will create an online local co-op experience by allowing you to invite a friend to join your game—even when they don’t own a copy of it. With this first-of-its-kind feature, you’ll be able to play games with a friend just as if you were together in the same room. Let’s say that with games… you’ll be able to invite your friend online to play against the Miami Heat for the championship as the San Antonio Spurs in NBA2K, tackle the challenging Towerfall Ascension Quest Mode together, or aide, heal, and protect you as Igniculus in Child of Light’s local co-op mode.
…e il supporto a YouTube:
Share Play will be coming to PS4 as part of the upcoming system software update v2.00, scheduled for release this fall. The update will also add highly requested broadcast and video share features, including both uploading you game play footage and dedicated app support for YouTube, which we mentioned on stage at E3. Finally, What’s New will get enhanced real-time activity through friend-of-friend suggestions, allowing instant access to friends’ and recently played games’ broadcasts, and a real name search function will also be added. More features to come when v2.00 is made available this fall, and we will have more to announce in the coming months..
Ecco un video direttamente da Sony che mostra come funziona lo Share Play:
In pratica è tutto incentrato sullo streaming: si può streammare un gioco a un amico, streammarglielo e dargli il controllo del personaggio, oppure, se il gioco prevede il multiplayer in locale, gli si può streammare il gioco e farlo entrare come secondo giocatore.
Dato che è tutto basato sullo streaming, non c'è bisogno che il giocatore "ospite" scarichi alcunché. Le sessioni potranno durare un max di un'ora, ma si potranno riavviare non appena finiscono.
Si potrà "passare il controller" solo avendo un abbonamento Plus, e si potrà giocare in due solo se entrambi avranno l'abbonamento Plus. Streammando e basta, non ci sarà bisogno di Plus da nessuna delle due parti.
Figo è figo, i miei dubbi però sono sulla qualità dello streaming e sul lag che la cosa introdurrà… Però che caz, meglio di niente.
- Share Screen — Share your screen with a friend, allowing them to spectate. This is ideal for PS4 owners that want to watch their friends play a game and provide helpful tips. PlayStation Plus is not required to use this.
- Hand over my controller — Pass your controller to a friend, virtually, and watch them play. Your friend does not need to own, or even download the game, in order to use this feature. This is perfect for introducing your friends to new games. The host will need to be a PlayStation Plus member, but the guest does not.
- Hand over the second player controller — If a game supports local multiplayer, you can have your friend join as player two. Again, the visitor does not need to own, or download the game in order to use this feature. Both players will need PlayStation Plus to use this feature.
La feature sarà disponibile con l'update di sistema 2.00, nome in codice Masamune, che verrà rilasciata il 28 ottobre.
Il firmware ormai è stato rilasciato, ecco un altro video che ne illustra le funzionalità…